Hi and welcome...
you have come to the right place!
I’m a board certified holistic nutritionist, who specializes in family nutrition, Hashimoto's and thyroid health.
I’m also an avid public speaker on health and nutrition, and the co-author of a bestselling baby food cookbook.
Nearly two decades of nutrition expertise, combined with my experience as a mom, has resulted in a formula for success in working with all of my clients.
People with autoimmune diseases, thyroid disorders, digestive troubles, infertility, and food sensitivities.
My wellness philosophy is holistic and realistic. I strive to change the way people view their bodies and encourage them to live healthier lives.
You too can change your personal nutrition outlook and acquire the skills necessary to making lasting, positive changes. I can show you how.
Click on the button that best describes your current health situation.
I believe that resolving underlying health issues results in a lifetime of vitality, enjoyment, and a new love of eating.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
Why family nutrition matters
You and your family have important goals and dreams.
fewer sick days, less time missed for work and school
improved learning and creativity
more play time, fun doing things together
positive behavior, sleep and moods
stronger relationships inside and outside the family
inspired work in their jobs, schools, community and beyond
Healthy people can achieve anything!
For me, everything I studied and mastered with nutrition really clicked when my kids needed nutritional support at an early age.
Whether it was digestive, skin or behavioral issues, I knew as their mom, and as a nutritionist, that nutritional therapy was our foundation for true healing.
My instinct to provide “food as medicine” has never let us down in any situation.
Most diseases have a root cause.
Years ago, while becoming a Master Nutrition Therapist (MNT), I applied holistic principles to my own life and healed (reversed!) my autoimmune diseases.
That may sound like a miracle to some, but many health conditions are reversible through changing diet and lifestyle habits and balancing the immune system.
- autoimmune diseases
- thyroid disorders
- digestive troubles
- hormone imbalance
- food sensitivities
...all have something in common...
The root of these disorders may be stress, poor food or lifestyle choices, prescriptions, genetics, a virus, or all of the above.
I can help you, and your family, uncover your root cause and get you on a path towards greater health and achieving all your goals and dreams because together we will
- Advocate for personal management and understanding of your health goals and needs.
- Measure and assess your individual nutritional requirements.
- Develop and implement a customized nutritional plan.
- Discover healthy food choices, smart grocery store shopping, savvy food-label reading, and proper knowledge of food origin, quality and composition.
- Collaborate with other health care providers to support your continuity of care - it takes a village!
Find out how you can work with me.
Listen to your body, slow down, take stock of what needs to shift.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
Events & Workshops
Available for the following 90-minute presentations
- Raising Kids with Healthy Sugar Habits
- Healthy Woman’s Nutrition Plan
- Trimester by Trimester Pregnancy Plan
- Nutrition for the New Mother
- Introducing Solid Foods to Baby
- Taming Toddler Nutrition
Customized corporate and group programs
- Clear Change Detox Program: In Just 10 Days Your Team Can Lose Weight, Boost Energy & Feel Great!
- Get Healthy, Stay Healthy - Food & Lifestyle Modifications for Healthy Employees
- Use Your Body Type to Discover Your Best Food, Lifestyle & Self Care Options