Hi and welcome...
you have come to the right place!
I’m a board certified holistic nutritionist, who specializes in family nutrition, Hashimoto's and thyroid health.
I’m also an avid public speaker on health and nutrition, and the co-author of a bestselling baby food cookbook.
Nearly two decades of nutrition expertise, combined with my experience as a mom, has resulted in a formula for success in working with all of my clients.
People with autoimmune diseases, thyroid disorders, digestive troubles, infertility, and food sensitivities.
My wellness philosophy is holistic and realistic. I strive to change the way people view their bodies and encourage them to live healthier lives.
You too can change your personal nutrition outlook and acquire the skills necessary to making lasting, positive changes. I can show you how.
Click on the button that best describes your current health situation.
I believe that resolving underlying health issues results in a lifetime of vitality, enjoyment, and a new love of eating.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
Why family nutrition matters
You and your family have important goals and dreams.
fewer sick days, less time missed for work and school
improved learning and creativity
more play time, fun doing things together
positive behavior, sleep and moods
stronger relationships inside and outside the family
inspired work in their jobs, schools, community and beyond
Healthy people can achieve anything!
For me, everything I studied and mastered with nutrition really clicked when my kids needed nutritional support at an early age.
- autoimmune diseases
- thyroid disorders
- digestive troubles
- hormone imbalance
- food sensitivities
- Advocate for personal management and understanding of your health goals and needs.
- Measure and assess your individual nutritional requirements.
- Develop and implement a customized nutritional plan.
- Discover healthy food choices, smart grocery store shopping, savvy food-label reading, and proper knowledge of food origin, quality and composition.
- Collaborate with other health care providers to support your continuity of care - it takes a village!
Listen to your body, slow down, take stock of what needs to shift.
- Sara Peternell, MNT
Events & Workshops
Available for the following 90-minute presentations
- Raising Kids with Healthy Sugar Habits
- Healthy Woman’s Nutrition Plan
- Trimester by Trimester Pregnancy Plan
- Nutrition for the New Mother
- Introducing Solid Foods to Baby
- Taming Toddler Nutrition
Customized corporate and group programs
- Clear Change Detox Program: In Just 10 Days Your Team Can Lose Weight, Boost Energy & Feel Great!
- Get Healthy, Stay Healthy - Food & Lifestyle Modifications for Healthy Employees
- Use Your Body Type to Discover Your Best Food, Lifestyle & Self Care Options
Featured & Press
Books I've Written
I co-authored Little Foodie: Recipes for Babies and Toddlers with Taste, a best-seller on Amazon and in bookstores. This liberating cookbook is for the newest eater in your family and encourages foodie parents to think beyond the baby food aisle.
You can find over 100 recipes for babies and toddlers, and for the whole family. The book includes detailed nutrition information and step-by-step support for introducing baby’s first foods. All your Q&A about feeding baby - and your family - can be found in one fun, and beautifully photographed cookbook.
Ten Spring Inspired Baby Food Recipes is a gorgeous eBook with fresh, original and delicious spring fare just for babies. I co-authored this book, and provide all of the nutritional analysis of recipes and foods.
You will enjoy making the recipes and feeding them to your little one. References about the health of the foods let you know you are on track for supporting baby’s health.
I wrote the forward for The Hashimoto's 4-Week Plan: A Holistic Guide to Treating Hypothyroidism because it took me years of trial and error and in-depth nutrition studies to find my way to better health.
I wish I had had The Hashimoto’s 4-Week Plan when I was first diagnosed. This is the book I recommend to my own clients who come to me seeking nutritional advice for managing their Hashimoto’s.